Monday, July 28, 2014

BFMH: Comic-Con Breakfast Sweet Quesadilla

So I figured I should try to make something easy to eat in the car for our trip down to Comic-Con. While trolling the Pinterest, I saw a recipe/post about Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Quesadillas.

Now those sound pretty amazing (and easy) in my opinion.

Wrong.

I know that the big problem is that I made them the night before. I spread the peanut butter (use vegan if desired!) on the tortilla (use vegan if desired!), mashed the banana with a bit of honey and applied it, and then sprinkled on some chocolate chips. Wrapped them up in tin foil and figured to save dishes the next day, to rock out the old college trick of using the iron to heat them.

Whelp, I got up the next morning and "cooked them up". I figured I would eat mine before getting in the car, so I cracked open the tin foil to find a soggy, sticky mess. It was edible, and the flavor was great, but in no way was it appropriate to eat for no mess in the car.

Ewwwwy Gooey Mess.

Next time, I will make it fresh, not mash the banana, use less honey, and cook it on the George Foreman.
Not a good looking breakfast at all...


Not a total loss, but far from a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment