Wednesday, July 23, 2014

A Land of Milk and Honey...Protein Balls

In the quest to have a good selection of foods to nibble on while at Con and traveling, I found some protein ball recipes that looked very enticing. More so than the "Oatmeal with Peanut Butter" ones.


Milk and Honey Peanut Butter Balls

2 to 3 dozen balls, depending on size
1/2 cup natural unsweetened creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup honey or agave syrup
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1 cup malted milk powder (substitute regular milk powder for gluten-free version)


Mix all ingredients until they form a crumbly, sticky mass. Roll into balls. 



This is what the look like following the recipe.
I am sure it is because I didn't have quite enough dehydrated milk, but these look/feel too soft for sitting in a over packed bag at a Convention. So I have decided to take them the extra mile and make them into buckeyes by dipping them into chocolate.


Chocolate Armor Activate!

While I haven't tasted them, (I left them to cool and started writing), I can only guess that they are gonna be excellent. If not, you KNOW I will be updating this post. 

Until the Next Convention Prep Week....



No comments:

Post a Comment