Monday, March 31, 2014

Before that you could get chicken or waffles, but they were the first to put them together!

I got to throw a Pajama Brunch Party this past Saturday for a few of my gals. You'll be seeing a few posts pertaining to what I made for the festive occasion.

Initially, I was thinking that we would do a build your own breakfast sandwich buffet sort of thing, with a little joke about making Chicken and Waffles. Turns out, most people were interested in that idea. So I got to work on perfecting my Waffles mix. I landed on this Waffle Recipe and it turned out nice. 

The Best Ever Waffles
Ingredients
1 1/3 cup flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs separated
½ cup butter melted
1 ¾ cup milk
Method

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and bake.


(Not gonna lie, I TOTALLY forgot to whip up the egg whites and I just through the whole egg in at once. still turned out to be a perfect consistency for waffles.)

As I am already very happy with my fried chicken recipe (Thanks Auntie!), I started thinking about different sauces than just Maple syrup. I decided to make Honey Butter sauce to go with the chicken and waffles because I keep dreaming about it. So I attempted to do a copy cat recipe of this yumminess of which I dream regularly and what better way to try it, but on fried chicken and waffles!Not quite thick enough, high on the yum factor.

Honey Butter Sauce
Ingredients
2 ounces butter
4 ounces liquid honey
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Method
To make sauce: Melt butter or margarine, stir in Honey and whipping cream.
Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir in vanilla and cinnamon
Mix well and enjoy.

I failed to get a good photo of the Honey Butter. Husband actually put it on his toast the following morning  and he loved it that way. 

 A Chicken and Waffle Sandwich with fruit salad a la Kim!
 A Chicken and Waffle Sandwich MONSTER!

Until the next brunch...

**Today's title comes from Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo reading as follows:
T.J. Hicks: Did you know Holland invented chicken and waffles?
Deuce Bigalow: Really?
T.J. Hicks: Before that you could get chicken or waffles, but they were the first to put them together! Black people all over the world will be forever grateful to the Dutch for that.
Deuce Bigalow: You know the Dutch started the slave trade.
T.J. Hicks: THOSE MOTHER F@%&#RS!**

1 comment:

  1. I lived in Tennessee for two years and I still can't bring myself to want to eat Chicken and Waffles. That honey butter looks phenomenal though.

    ReplyDelete