Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Don't judge your taco by its price.

What night is it?!? 

It's Taco Night!

I am pretty sure that someday, this will be a weekly event...

Husband and I were discussing what I should make for dinner tonight and when I mentioned Mexican, the Husband and I both got excited. 

Operation Dinner Decided Completed.

I texted my house husband (this week only) what I would need to accomplish our desired dinner, he told me if we needed it or not, I went to the store on the way home and got to it.

Cat's Chicken Taco Filling and Salad Topping
1 chicken breast, cubed and seasoned with taco seasoning
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 bell pepper (I used green), chopped
1/4 of an onion, (I used red) chopped
1/4 cup of corn (leave out if low carb salading it)
1 can organic black beans
1 avocado, chopped
1 Roma tomato, chopped
1 heart of Romaine, chopped (if you are having salad, otherwise, just enough for garnish)
Tortillas
Cheese of choice, grated, for garnish
Sour cream, for garnish
Salsa of choice, for garnish
Salad Dressing: (if you are having salad)
1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons sour cream
Dash of taco seasoning
Taco Seasoning:
Paprika
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Cumin
Cayenne
Oregano
Salt
Pepper

Method:
In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium high and sear seasoned, cubed chicken.
After outside of chicken is seared, added bell pepper, onion, and corn the skillet and lower heat to medium.
Stirring the chicken and vegetables regularly, heat the black beans in a saucepan.
While the bean and chicken mixtures are cooking (Don't forget to stir both occasionally), prep small bowl of grated cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
Mix together the salad dressing (if you are having salad) and chop tomato, lettuce, and avocado.
after the vegetables are cooked to desired doneness, remove from heat and start the buffet lines to make your dinner of choie.

Just keep stirring...

My super duper yummy and filling Taco salad!





















Husband making the ultimate in large taco...


Husband devour!

This was a simple and easy dish that hit all the taste bud needs as well as dietary. Very easy and fresh, and individual as it is the "create your own" style of meal. Maybe, for the picky eaters out there, cooking everything separately. As I am married to an easy stomach, I don't have to worry about that though.

Until the next meal...


**Today's title comes from Hunter S Thompson...duh.**



No comments:

Post a Comment