Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Oh, I have a lot of weak spots...

So my bro bro and his family came in on Saturday and I had already made a batch of Chocolate Nut Revels ready for them. I made them a bit early as I sent some to my friend in London with a different friend who was head back there. These are Husband's favorite cookie at the holiday. Not that they are specifically Christmas-y but they are certainly decadent.

Chocolate Nut Revel
Ingredients
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
extra butter and sugar
Directions:
Melt chocolate chips, stir in chopped nuts.
Set aside and let cool.
Cream butter, sugar, salt and vanilla.
Blend in flour.
Add chocolate nut mixture.
Stir with a fork just enough to revel chocolate into white mixture.
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
Flatten to 1/4 inch with the bottom of a glass greased with butter and dipped into sugar.
Bake at 350° 10-12 minutes, do not over brown.
White part should be just very lightly browned.

The doughy yumminess.

Itty bitty balls..


Flattened with the sugar!

A couple dozen cookies ready to make it back to London-town for Si and Don.

Until the next cookie crumbles...


**Today's title comes from Anthony Hopkins: My weak spot is laziness. Oh, I have a lot of weak spots: cookies, croissants.**

No comments:

Post a Comment