Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.

Went to a small shindig at a friend's house last night. Thankfully, travel there and back was not too treacherous with this drunk holiday. Fortunately, my friends and I are not too concerned about drinking and being dumb anymore so instead we have a small gathering of friends to enjoy a bit of Irish food, music, and talk. Pretty much a night in the local pub except it was my friend's house.

I wanted to bring a little something to the party, but that something could not be sugary. After sooooo many cookies, I was pretty much over sugar. So I found this recipe via Google (Everything on Pinterest was SUGAR or ALCOHOL when I searched):

Blarney Stone Appetizers
Ingredients
1 large onion, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon dried basil
Dash ground nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Directions
In a large skillet, saute onion in butter. Add the spinach, soup,
eggs, mushrooms, crumbs, feta cheese, oregano, basil, nutmeg, salt
and pepper. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Sprinkle
with Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife
inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into 1-in. squares.
Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen

I failed to take a photo before and after cooking, but I think you can tell the yummy cheesey crust .


This turned out pretty yummy. I just want to figure out a substitute for the condensed soup so that it can be closer to a clean dish. Everyone at the party enjoyed it and the party as a whole was a lot of fun. Sitting on the sofa, "shootin' the shit" over drinks and corned beef. Sounds like a perfectly lovely evening to me.


Here is my work appropriate and holiday appropriate outfit. I wanted to dress like the Irish Flag.

After work, while making my Blarney Stone side, I made my Chardonnay GREEN! WEEEEEE! I was a brighter green in the sunlight, but, alas, I failed at taking a photo of that as well.


Until the next party...

**Today's title comes from George Bernard Shaw, Irish Playwright and Essayist: Do not do unto others as you expect they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.**

No comments:

Post a Comment