Monday, March 17, 2014

6 Week Check In

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Here I am, 6 weeks in. I have not be diligent on my diet, especially since the family was in town. While I did make the correct choices with getting the whole grain pasta and the lettuce wrapped burger, I can't remotely claim to have stuck to my diet thanks to the sheer number of cookies that were made and (yes) consumed.

Anyway, I am still down 2.5 pounds. Yay for not gaining back all 3 pounds. Yet still my dresses don't fit quite right, nor do the majority of my pants and none of my shorts. I need to keep up my leg and hip exercises and do them more than once a week. Plus, listen to the advice I have been given about Core exercises and stop just waffling about it.

Running....While I think about it regularly, has not been done regularly. I remind myself that just because I am not running, doesn't mean I am not running a 10 k in a few months. So I really am just hurting myself by not getting out and trying.

My last run (a short but needed one that I did this morning) I averaged 13:55 minute per mile but it was only .8 mile. I have decided to start making a point to run greater distance, not faster. My longest run/walk session to date is 3 miles and now I am trying to go out for 2 miles each time versus 1 - 1.5 miles.

My Barre fitness class and yoga classes finished up 2 weeks ago. I did stretch a couple times since though my only cardio has included chasing one 3 year old niece around the park. Not really upping my average heart rate or toning my core.

Husband is starting work on a movie today and it will last the next 4 weeks. To say the least, there is no reason to not start using my Groupon to the BAC and running to and from there. Especially since there are classes at 6 am Monday - Friday which would not interrupt any social engagements.

In the words of the Eleventh Doctor:

Geronimo...

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Any progress is good progress, right? Plus, I think a big part of finishing a race is having the right mindset. Which is weird, because I'm not usually a "mind-over-matter" zen hippy type.

    ReplyDelete