Saturday, March 29, 2014

BFMH: Doughnuts

So today I am having a few of my ladies over to a PAJAMA PARTY!! I decided that no pajama party is complete without Mimosas and breakfast junk food. I also wanted to make something for my Husband that he would enjoy. Thus I decided that I wanted to make this recipe.

Here we have a fine example of fruit salad and pajamas good work Kris!

Banana Chocolate-Chip Baked Doughnuts
Ingredients
1 cup Mashed Ripe Banana (Roughly 2 small bananas)
1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar
1/2 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
2 Eggs (Room Temperature)
1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
2 cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Chocolate Chips
Topping (Optional)
1/4 cup Raw Cane Sugar
1 tablespoon Cinnamon
Method
Preheat the oven to 325F
Using your electric mixer with the whisk attachment, add the mashed banana, sugar and greek yogurt. Mix until incorporated.
Add melted butter, eggs and vanilla extra and mix.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt to the batter and mix until just incorporated. Do not over mix!
Using a spatula, fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop the batter into a zip lock bag and seal shut. Using scissors, snip the bottom corner of one side of the ziplock bag to create your homemade piping bag.
Grease your doughnut baking pan and pipe 3/4 full the batter into each doughnut mold.
Optional: Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar mixture on top of each doughnut batter before baking. Or you can dip the doughnuts once baked in the cinnamon sugar mixture. You may need to paint melted butter on top of each doughnut before dipping the doughnuts in the sugar mixture to allow them to stick. Both options work perfectly.

Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and allow to cool before eating.



On a silver platter.



















I ended up making this the night before hand, simple because I knew how much cooking I would be doing on Saturday. So I baked up the dozen doughnuts this recipe made and they were delicious. I will say that I expect a larger showing of banana flavor in these, but for that reason, I probably liked them more.These were not QUITE as big of a hit as I thought they would be, but they were very well received. Considering the ease of making them as well as the healthy-ness factor, I think they are are win.


Into the molds....

All Puffed up!
Extreme close up!































No comments:

Post a Comment