Tuesday, March 4, 2014

...and applesauce.

So I emailed Bro Bro a week before they arrived and asked if they would like some applesauce muffins.

No, I have never made these before, but you might recall that I want to prefect my skills at muffin making before my 30th birthday. So I decided to make a batch of a kind never before tried by my Husband or family:

Chocolate Chip Applesauce Muffins
Ingredients
2 1/4 cups flour
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2  teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1 cup applesauce
2/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Method:
In a large bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, cocoa, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In another bowl, whisk the eggs, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 16 muffins

These turned out very nice. Lightly sweetened and chocolatey while a decent, not over mixed muffin. These or something like it will be made again!


Until the next meal...


**Today's title comes, supposedly,  from Humphrey Bogart, but is nevertheless known to my generation via Brady Bunch in a Humphrey Bogart voice: Pork chops and applesauce.**

No comments:

Post a Comment