Friday, March 28, 2014

I laughed and pointed out...

I was feeling a bit home sick while Husband was busy with work. Also, Bro Bro was flying away this day. So I decided that I would make me, and Bro Bro and family, some breakfast casserole. I decided on a favorite from Cracker Barrel.

Copy Cat :Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole
Ingredients:

2 lbs frozen hash browns
1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter, melted
1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 pint sour cream
1/2 cup onion, peeled and chopped
2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F and spray an 11 x 14 baking dish with cooking spray.
Mix the above ingredients together, place in prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes or until brown on top.

I didn't make a full order, as usual, but this time because I made this dish out of what I had on hand. Also, I had a half can of Cream of Mushroom soup (from the Blarney Stone Appetizer), so I used that instead of Cream of Chicken.



And even more unfortunate, I didn't get a photo after it was cooked. But as that is the worst thing that has happened as of late, my life is pretty great.

Husband really liked this dish, and I think that it will be made someday in the future for family breakfasts, you know, when we have a family.


Until the next breakfast...

**Today's title comes from Let It Snow by John Green: I laughed and pointed out that "Hash Browns Mean Nothing Without You" was a pretty good name for a band. **

No comments:

Post a Comment