Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tidy Tuesday: Konmari Method: Category 2: Books

Again, I started this part of the project with the thought that I might get rid of, like 5 books.

Again, I am astounded by the volume (get it?...literature humor) of things that I would happily part with at this time. As I bagged up the books that I will be getting rid of, I realized I was saving us about 2-3 boxes of heavy lifting and it invigorated me to get going on the other categories!

Y'all! Read this book!


The only time piles are ok!
Books to be rid of


Books to be kept
Here is what I took from the "Books" portion of Section 3:

She suggests that if you have LOT of book that you should divide the books in Sub Categories: General, Practical, Visual, and Magazines. Then go through them in that order. I no longer own tons of books as I have learned that Library are the greatest.That being said, I had a decent few boxes worth of books for the day we move. That being said, I didn't divide into subcategories. She reminds you to pull all the books out just like your clothes and see if it gives you pleasure when you touch it. She specifies that you shouldn't open it to skim or start to read it…Guess what? I did just that on the second book I picked up. *Shakes Head* I recovered and only fell prey to such a think one other time.

She encourages you to ask these sort of questions as well as "Does it spark joy?":
Will you really reread it? Have you read it yet? What books have you reread? Compare and be aware that you probably won’t reread it unless you are an exceptional reader. I found, while asking these questions, that I have no desire to read the Alexander McCall Smith books I have been lugging around for 9 year nor that I will actually reread the Clan of the Cave Bear Series. I did recognize that fantasy based or historical fiction books will get reread by me as well as certain volumes of poetry and plays I own. You learn something new everyday. She instructs you to keep in mind that "sometime" comes never. She goes on to suggest that the first moment you encounter a book is the best time to read it and reminds you can buy or borrow it again someday.

Good, sound advice.



No comments:

Post a Comment