Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Cravings: Thai Coconut Chicken

If you haven't been able to figure it out yet, Thai and coconut are two of my main cravings I have. So I figured why not combine the two!

Thai Coconut Chicken
Ingredients
1 pound Chicken breast
2 cloves garlic minces
½ cup mushrooms
½ cup carrots
1 cup zucchini   
1 can coconut milk
3 ts curry paste
½ ts pinch of kosher
1 tbsp red chili   pepper slices
1 tbsp coconut oil
Method
In a small bowl combine the canned coconut milk with the green curry paste. Set aside.
Preheat a large, high-sided skillet with a lid, to medium-high and melt the coconut oil in the pan.
Meanwhile, cut the chicken breasts into 2-inch cubes and season one side with sprinkling of kosher.
Sauté chicken in coconut oil then add add veggies and spice. Add coconut milk and curry paste.
Simmer for 8 minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice.

I didn't do Cauliflower Rice. Not Low carb.
This turned out really well. While I prefer a bit more heat and sweet behind it, this is a good base recipe. I ended up adding Sirracha and Honey to make it the way I wanted it. The best part about this meal is that it gets better as a left over. Husband and I will eat well this week!

Until the next craving....

No comments:

Post a Comment