Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Cravings (St Patrick's Day): Fried Cabbage

I know this is late to be posted, but here it is no less.

Last year, I made Corned Beef and Cabbage. Unfortunately, that always leaves us with  so many left overs. Like so much it is wasteful. So I decided that this year I would make a pretty simple cabbage and pork dish.

Fried Cabbage
Ingredients:
3 slices of bacon
1/2 an onion, sliced
Salt and Pepper
Mushroom stems of an 8 oz mushroom package, finely diced
2 links of chicken Andouille sausage, sliced
1/2 head of Cabbage, sliced
1 cup of Chicken Stock
Method:
Cook up bacon and then saute onion in the bacon fat.
Salt and Pepper and cook until bacon is no longer raw and onion is translucent.
Then add finely diced mushroom stems and let soften.
Add chicken sausage to the mix.
Allow the flavors to intermingle a bit.
Then add cabbage and allow it to be braised a bit with the other ingredients.
Add chicken stock and cook until most of the moisture has been cooked off.

Cabbage!
I enjoyed this dish greatly and I hope you give it a whurl! Here are some other fun pictures from our St Patrick's Day evening!

No, I didn't have any cookies, but friends were very happy to enjoy a few!

Knife Water!

STL Friends!

We were the tidiest of patrons...

No comments:

Post a Comment