Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sweet Lord...My food saver is my new best friend in my kitchen!

Seriously....this machine is amazing. No, I am not getting paid by them. My Auntie got me one on a whim from the, oh, so, magical QVC and showed me how to use it while she was in town.

Check out the stats!
Beef and Poultry = Ordinary: 6 Months / Food Saver: 2-3 YEARS
Fish = Ordinary: 6 Months / Food Saver: 2 YEARS
Soups and Stews = Ordinary: 3-6 Months / Food Saver: 1-2 YEARS
Coffee Beans = Ordinary: 6-9 Months / Food Saver: 2-3 YEARS
Vegetables = Ordinary:  8 Months  / Food Saver:  2-3 YEARS
Bread = Ordinary: 6-12 Months  / Food Saver:  1-3 YEARS
Cheese = Ordinary: 4-8 Months / Food Saver: 4-8 Months (Auntie claims that it can be 12)
Lettuce = Ordinary: 2 Weeks / Food Saver: 2 Weeks
Berries = Ordinary: 1-2 Weeks / Food Saver: 1-2 Weeks
Flour and sugar = Ordinary: 6 Months / Food Saver: 1-2 YEARS
Rice and Pasta = Ordinary: 6 Months / Food Saver: 1-2 YEARS
Cookies = Ordinary: 1-2 Weeks / Food Saver: 3-6 Weeks (As if they would last that long!)

I don't know about you, but this makes me INCREDIBLY excited! I know I am a Kitchen Freak, but seriously, this is going to be such a wonderful tool for me. I already used it and saved the 4 apples that were looking sad and about to turn. I peeled, sliced, and tossed them in brown sugar then vacuum sealed them!

Just look at the possibilities! Those that were destined for the garbage will now be a pie or bread pudding! How do you like them apples?

I can wait another month (or more) before using them now. I have begun a great planning expedition to start making Freezer meals and using the power that is bulk buying to save money on meals as well as gifts probably. Heck, I think I will plan some of my Thanksgiving dishes around this as well as my Christmas Cookies. This is wonderful!

Auntie WINS AGAIN!

Look at this Delish Brownie Banana Bread! Saved for months to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment