Saturday, September 13, 2014

A positivity check in...

While making the patches wasn't really joyful, what is a joy is the sense of accomplishment and anticipation of the event they will be worn too.

Hopeforbeer came to visit after that, and I got to make repeat dinner for the two of us. my life kicks butt. Then Doctor Who Dinner Night with Bread Pudding and Husband Brought me flowers the day after that.

More visitors from Oceanside came to visit when the Yoakem siblings and efrances's boy friend, Sig, came over for dinner. My Husband is the an amazing Host, FYI.

I got to watch The Winter Solider with Kim and her new roommate Felicia after a dinner of Stew and AMAZING Apple Streusel Pie.

Then, after much talk, we sisters three finally got going on the magic that will be our Halloween Costumes!

Love abounds to me with people traveling out of their way to come visit me or to take time out of a busy week to allow me to cook for them.

I remember in high school how I didn't think anyone actually liked me. I think that I was far to hard on my 16 year old self. I come from a family that can be critical and guilt givers so I assumed everyone functioned like that. I am enjoying being an adult and not worrying if I am too fat or ugly.

I have a husband who loves me for who I am and what I stand for, not for my physical beauty or attractiveness. Not to say he doesn't think I am beautiful and sexy, but he also thinks my mind is as well.

My friends and adopted family love me for me as well. For my humor, outrageousness, and my heartfelt companionship. I love them for what they bring to my life and the bedlam that is the world we live in today. I am blessed by the people I surround myself with, no matter if they are Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, or a whatever. I am blessed by them and our fellowship together is life, not just beliefs or religion.

I am stupid fortunate.


No comments:

Post a Comment