Monday, September 29, 2014

BFMH: Breakfast Quesadillas

So Hopeforbeer came up to visit me a few weeks ago! How lucky am I?!? Since she came to visit, I figured that I should of, course, make a

Breakfast Quesadillas
makes two quesadillas
Ingredients:
3 large flour tortillas
4 eggs, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt and a splash of milk
1/3 cup of red onion finely chopped
1 cup raw baby spinach
6 pork sausages (I used Uncle John's), cooked and roughly chopped
1 tbsp butter, divided
3/4 cup of Mexi Cheese Shredded
Salsa, Greek yogurt or sour cream, hot sauce to taste
Directions:
Scramble the eggs in a small skillet with half of the butter. Once scrambled, scoop eggs into a small bowl and set aside.
Heat up a large skillet and drop the rest of the butter in. Lay a tortilla flat down then sprinkle with a third of the eggs, sausage bits, onion, cheese, and spinach. fold and press the tortilla in half. Cook quesadilla until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Slice into quarters and serve.
Time: 15 minutes


The beginnings of the stuffing process..
Folded and frying.
Fried to a nice, crisp outside with gooey insides full of flavor.

This turned out perfectly. Super yummy, a little less food than a full out breakfast burrito, and incredibly personalizable. I was actually treated to this dish a couple days after hopeforbeer left as Husband wanted to make me breakfast. Absolutely NO complaints here! trust me, DO THIS.


No comments:

Post a Comment