Wednesday, December 17, 2014

How I am Packing for my 10 day trip home to STL

Y'all may recall my older post about how I pack for trips.

As we are going back to St Louis for my Dad, Kate, and Ben's birthdays, I am very greatly pleased to give y'all something a bit specific to help y'all visual what I pack.

10 Day Trips
Required number of Items/Outfits:

ITEMS: 2 Bottoms, 3 Tops, 2 Dress, 5 sets Undies, 1 PJs

OUTFITS: 5+ PJs: 1 Travel, 1 Fancy, 2 Everyday, 1 set of PJs, 1 Active Outfit

*Outfits appropriate for activity in the snow and rain with highs of 55 and lows of 25
**Activities ranging from Running, Sledding, Christmas Eve Service, and Christmas Parties
***Color Palate – Black with Grey and Blues plus Gold touches 

Packing List:
Dress – 2 – Navy Blue Dress (Fancy) and Bright Blue Cotton (Nice, but good for everyday)
T-shirt/Sweater – 3  – Grey Star Wars, Grey PAX, and Grey with Sparkles Sweater
Bottoms – 3 – Jeans, Running, and Blue Skirt
Leggings – 2–  Black Fleeced Lined and Back High Waisted Cotton
Tights – 1 –  Grey
Tank Top – 3 – Black, White, and Running
PJ Bottoms – 1 – Mickey Fuzzy
PJ Top – 1 – Scott Pilgrim vs The World T-shirt
Shoes – 2 –  Black Boots and Old Running Shoes (Sprayed with Never Wetted)
Bra – 1
Socks – 5 
Undies – 5
PLUS
Weather Appropriate Accessories:
Jacket – 1– Grey Wool
Scarf – 1–  Marigold
Hat – 1–  Grey
Gloves – 1–  Black
Thermal Top – 1 – Grey
Long Johns – 1–  Black

While I initially said I needed 6 outfits, as there is a washing machine available to me, I can really just get away with 4 (PJS, Fancy, Active, and Travel) as I will also have to pack all the presents and things for the crafts I want to do with my niece, G.K. If I feel like I can do without the extra clothes then I will go with 2 Dresses, 2 Tops, 1 Bottom, 1 Leggings , and 2 Tanks. We shall see how it works out.

For the first time in history, Husband and I will be checking a bag....(GOD FORBID!)

My other thought is that if there is any extra space, I try to squeeze is some clothes that would be appropriate for Late Spring - Late Summer to leave at the In Love's house since we will be living with them when we move back there. It will save a LITTLE bit of room in the cars I figure.

How do YOU pack for the holiday if you are traveling?

No comments:

Post a Comment