Thursday, December 11, 2014

Post Thanksgiving Ideas: 2 Weeks later (Turkey Salad and 7 Layer Dip)

So this will be the last installment of "What to make with Thanksgiving Leftovers" as we are about out of Leftovers. The first idea I have for you this time is a bit of a "No, duh, Sherlock" as all that is different is that you use Turkey instead of Chicken: Turkey Salad
Simply mix Turkey with Greek yogurt, leftover cranberries, celery, and chopped pecans to the consistency you like.  Enjoy as you would Chicken or Tuna Salad.

I totally forgot to take a picture. It was super yummy though.

The next recipe is a bit of a stretch, but I figured I would give it a try: 5 Layer Leftover Dip a la Rachel Ray (with no nutmeg)

5 Layer Leftover Dip
The original recipe calls for the following left overs with left over Cornbread or Rolls to dip into it:
Stuffing
Cranberry sauce
Turkey
Gravy
Mashed Taters

I took mine a bit more "Southwestern", if you will. Layers from Bottom to Top:
1 can Refried Beans
1 cups Mashed Potatoes (with a Little gravy mixed in)
1 1/2 cup Sour Cream (or Greek Yogurt)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 can Corn (or left over creamed corn or corn pudding)
2 cup (well) Shredded Turkey (with a little Taco Seasoning)
1/2 Salsa mixed with 1/2 cup of cranberry sauce (with 2 tablespoons minced Cilantro)
Use left over rolls or crackers or tortilla chips or veggies as dippers. Whatever you have on hand.


So I realized while I was prepping everything that there would not be enough regular Mashed Potatoes. Instead I used the sweet potatoes as we had a grip of those still. It turned out pretty good!

Other ideas that MIGHT still happen this year:
Rachel Sandwiches
I have Frozen Sauerkraut.....these also will probably happen for Husband's late night dinners the rest of this month before we leave.

French Fried Potato Balls
How could these be bad...? and I think I have just 1 measly cup of taters left....

Other Ideas I didn't try, but might next year:
Sweet Potato Brulee
BOOM! Leftover dessert! Especially the sweet potatoes that Kim makes.

Leftover Turkey (or Chicken) Tertazzini
This one looks really good, but I didn't feel right breaking my diet any more than I already had. Silly low carb lifestyle.

Cathchall Casserole
This one is still possibly going to happen, but no where near how the recipe suggests. I don't understand why you would add rice when you could easily make it a bread pudding...THAT'S IT! Thanksgiving Bread Pudding!

Thanksgiving Eggs Benedict
Benedict anything make me happy...these probably won't happen, but just wait until next year!

Turkey Cranberry Quesadillas
Duh.

Turkey, Cranberry, and Brie Grilled Cheese
Duh, again.

Thanksgiving Risotto
It is Risotto. Plus Sweet Root Veggies and Turkey. While I won't be making it this year, it will be well received next I think.

Bacon, Onion, Cheddar Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Eggs Cooked In
I might not have used this with the left overs from Thanksgiving, but there is a great chance this will be made some time during this winter season.

Turkey Monte Cristo
I have A) never made a Monte Cristo B) ever even eaten one so C) this needs to happen.

Pulled Turkey with Cranberry BBQ Sauce
I just want to make this in general.

Turkey Caesar Sandwich
Of course, this would be yummy...

Stuffing Wrapped in Bacon Bites
I am already planing on making bread pudding with the leftover stuffing plus bacon is too pricey. Other wise though, I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment