Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas Craft: Wedding Invitation Ornament

I have seen this floating around on Pinterest and Etsy for a long time so I figured I should give it a whirl. This tutorial worked best for me except that I wrapped the strips of paper around a crochet hook instead of using the scissors to curl them. While it wasn't hard to execute, I think it has some room for improvement.

Give me MORE sparkle!
I think that I need to add some more ribbon to show off our wedding colors. I also need to add some gold glitter and to paint the top of the ornament as we used Gold (not the typical silver). Perhaps I will take out a few curly cues as you can't really see a lot of the "important" curlies due to crowding.

What do y'all think?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wrote the above post and about 2 days later, I found some extra time at my friend Kimmy G's house before she cut my hair to try to improve upon it. Here is what I did:

Took out a few of the frivolous curls and then loosened a few of the more important ones in hopes to make them a bit more prominent. I added a TON more ribbon (I actually took a bit out before this picture) and some glitter into the ball. I sill need to paint the top of the ornament with Modge Podge and add glitter on it which hopefully I will get done and can add to the bottom of this post. :)


What do y'all think about the "improvements" I made on the original attempt?





No comments:

Post a Comment