Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Master Chef Junior

So TV is a thing for me. I don't watch it a ton, but I most certainly enjoy it now that there is such thing as DVRs and Netflix etc. One show that I have learned about recently is Master Chef Junior.

It is like Master Chef but with kids aged 8 - 13. Like holy crap! They crazy impressive. An interesting article was pointed out to me about Master Chef Junior and I wanted to share some of it with y'all.

Excerpt 1
The joy of doing is more important than winning:
Unlike most reality shows, in which everyone constantly has their eye on the prize, the “Master Chef Junior” competitors really seem like they’re there for the love of cooking and the joy of learning, forging real friendships that aren’t premised on backstabbing and trying to take each other down. When Gordon Ramsay asked Logan last night why he came on the show, he didn’t say he came to win, he said, while fighting through (adorable) tears, that “he came to get better.” What a guy.

I wish all cooking shows could just keep this in mind. It is such an important thing to remember when you step in to the kitchen. I want to get better at my plating. Perhaps that will go on my 32 by 32 list.

Excerpt 2
Pastries are harder than mains:
Anybody who has ever seen a cooking competition show knows this to be true, but watching these kids struggle over layer cakes and cream pies really hits the point home. Baking is the worst. The. Worst.

Totally True. I am happy it isn't just me.

Just a short entry today. If you haven't seen this show, you should.

No comments:

Post a Comment