Thursday, October 2, 2014

Coconut is kinda like my crack.

So if you know me, you know that when I was young, I hated coconut, but in my "old age" I have grown to LOVE it. Also, my Papa G love chocolate and coconut together as well. Thus I am always on a look out for good coconut and chocolate recipes which is how I found this one:

Coconut Bounty Bites
makes 2 dozen
Ingredients
3 cups flaked coconut
2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup chocolate chips, melted 
Method
In a large bowl, combine coconut, icing sugar, & butter. Form into 1 inch balls.
Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the centre of each ball. Fill with chocolate. Place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Chill until chocolate is firm. Store in the refrigerator. 

Chocolate dollop!

Now, as you can tell, I didn't make the indent. I just dipped them in. I would suggest making the indent. I was just impatient.  The balls were quite hard to form actually. The only thing I did differently is that I used unsweetened flaked coconut which I suppose could have resulted in a lack of stickiness, but seems unlikely. Once they were smooshed into submission, the balls were cooled and turned into delicious. 

Messy, but super yummy.

I highly suggest making these. Very few ingredients yet full of flavor and delicate sweetness. If I could make them a bit prettier next time, I will certainly make them for the holidays.

Until the next dessert....


1 comment:

  1. I love, love, love coconut. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, my in-laws all hate it. Womp womp.

    ReplyDelete