Thursday, October 23, 2014

a big bowl of LOVE...

Another favorite soup of mine is Corn Chowder. Like have crazy cravings for it...

Corn and Potato Chowder
INGREDIENTS
24 ounces red potato, chopped
1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
2 can creamed corn
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 cups chicken stock (or vegetable stock, for vegetarian!)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 stalks of celery
1/2 of a red bell pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup heavy cream
INSTRUCTIONS
Place potatoes and corn into a slow cooker. Stir in flour and gently toss to combine. Stir in stock, thyme, oregano, celery, pepper, garlic, onion, salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Stir in heavy cream.
Serve immediately.

a big bowl of LOVE
As you can see, I changed this recipe a little bit for the original. I added cream corn (I like things really corny) and I used actually onion and garlic instead of the powdered stuff. I also added celery and red bell pepper, neither of which do I normally like, but I miss it when it isn't in this soup. So I put it in.

Another recipe I like for this dish when I am feel a bit more overachieverish is from The Storyteller Cafe in Disneyland. You can find the recipe here.

Until the next meal...


No comments:

Post a Comment