Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The days are getting colder.

One of my favorite parts about having somebody to cook for is that I can get a bit of input and feed back on what I have offered. Furthermore, while putting together a cohesive menu for the week, I like to focus on it being full of fresh ingredients and at least one style of dish I haven't tried yet.

So this week, I changed it up. I asked Husband, instead of the typical "What do you want for dinner this week?" I inquired "What theme or feel would you like to dinners this week?". With that simply change, I finally got some direction on where to take my meal plan! Break through!

With a theme in mind, I sallied forth with all the determination I could muster. Here is what that "mustardetermination" came up with:

bow tie pasta with butternut squash, onions, and goat cheese

pork loin stuffed with brie, apples, and honey with potatoes and carrots

pulled pork stew with autumn vegetables

butternut squash risotto

And for the "breakfast for my husband" series: potato latkes with applesauce and sour cream.

I ran this by husband and he was stoked on it so...off we go!



** Today's title comes from a Calvin and Hobbes quote.The full quote reads thus: The days are getting colder. Yes, Bugs are dying by the truckload! Ha ha ha! Good riddance to 'em all!...I like fall. **

No comments:

Post a Comment