Saturday, October 26, 2013

BFMH: Grilled Cream Cheese and Berry Sandwiches

This morning, I took a suggestion for Pinterest yet again. There don't seem to be any set directions for the dish, but it seems pretty simple.

Grilled Cream Cheese and Berry Sandwiches:
Directions:
Thick cut bread (sourdough this morning) buttered on one side
Spread cream cheese on unbuttered side of bread slice
Apply with fruit (I use strawberry)
Toast
Enjoy.



You can't tell from this photo, but this was much more yummy than husband initally thought it would be. The only issue of this dish was that I used sourdough bread. Our guest this morning for breakfast said the following:

"I taste sourdough and I think 'ooo! lunch', but then I taste cream cheese and strawberry and I think 'oohh...breakfast'."

I didn't see it as an issue as I grew up eating sourdough for any and every meal, but I do completely understand that mentaility in other's taste buds. The issue for Husband was that it wasn't enough strawberry for him. The texture for me was a bit strange though the flavour was most enjoyable.

All in all, not the best breakfast I have ever made though it won't be the worst. Glad I tried something new, but not going to try this again unless it had french toast involved. Thank you, husband, for always giving it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment