Friday, February 27, 2015

Back to the Classics: Steakhouse Edition: Drinks

Mad men has taught us all that a great drink can make you look really good. So here are some of the classics. I got my beverage selection ideas from here.

Dirty Martini
3 oz vodka
1 oz dry vermouth
1/2 oz olive brine
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice. Shake well. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass, garnish with an olive, and serve


This has always been my favorites. I love a bit of olive brine. tonight

Gin Martini
2 ounces dry gin
1 ounce dry vermouth
Ice
Olives, a twist of lemon, or onion, for garnish
Instructions
Place a cocktail glass in the freezer to chill.
Combine the gin and vermouth in a shaker, fill it halfway with ice, and stir vigorously until well chilled, about 20 seconds. Strain into the chilled glass. Garnish with olives, a twist of lemon, or onion (If using a twist, be sure to run the slice over the glass’s rim.)

<I didn't take a photo of this one because I did an olive version for myself and it looked exactly the same as the vodka one.>

Husband doesn't car for vodka, so I find that he likes a nice Gin Martini with onion as an option.

Side Car
3/4 oz triple sec
1/2 oz cognac
3/4 oz lemon juice
Shake ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon peel.


I find that I don't care for cognac and brandy unless it is well combined with other things. I liked this as I like lemon juice with most things.

Chelsea Side car
3/4 oz gin
3/4 oz triple sec
1/2 oz lemon juice
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.

Not in focus, but a very nice Chelsea Side car. 
This is a current favorite of mine. Light, sweet, and tart with kick.

Cosmopolitan
Ingredients
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup triple sec
1/2 cup cranberry juice
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Directions
Pour all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well and pour through a strainer into four martini glasses.

Cranberry and lime...can't be bad! Not in focus...again.
I know, this is WAY darker than it is suppose to be, but I like the cranberry flavor more than a ton a of vodka.

Chelsea Sidecar is my new favorite...



No comments:

Post a Comment