Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A year ago I made a choice

A year ago today, I made a choice. I made the choice to start running/and walking regularly.

While I have not been doing so since December with any dedication, I will say that I consider myself a runner more than I have ever done before.

My year of running and walking in review:

January 28th - I signed up for Disney 10k

February - a total of 9 miles

March - a total of 2 miles

April - a total of 6 miles

May - a total of 30 miles

June - a total of 15 miles

July - a total of  24 miles (I got new Running Shoes at the end of the month, which helped a ton)

August - a total of 30 miles including the 6.2 miles of run/walking for the 10k

September - a total of 42 miles

October - a total of 48 miles

November - a total of 63.48 miles including the 3.2 miles of run/walking for the 5k

December - a total of  26.07 miles

January - a total of 19.43 miles

The Race Pace Numbers

I completed the 10k in 01:42:32 (aka 102 minutes).
That means my Race Pace was 16:30 minutes per mile.
That is 6.2 miles.
That is one way to run my first race.
Boom.

I completed the 5k in 44:16 minutes.
That means my Race Pace was 14:17 minutes per mile
That was on 3.2 miles, but I was not feeling great that day.
Way to up my race pace. 
Now to get to under 14 minutes per mile.


In Summation 

While the Month of December (Ty cold weather and Christmas) and January (thanks P90 for taking all my energy) have not been the best for track records, I would like to think that I didn't a pretty decent job. I went from someone who feared and scorned the idea of running or even jogging, to someone who likes it enough to set goals and pay money to do it. With the impending move and the last 2 months of P90, I know that February/March/April will not be great either, but I challenge myself to make them better than last year's stats!

Here's to another year of adventures thanks to my own two feet.



No comments:

Post a Comment