Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Quick Lunch Kielbasa and Quinoa Bowl

With the preparations of moving, my whole family being in town, and the basic business of our lives together, Husband and I have mastered what we consider a quick no stress meal without resorting to "heat up" meals.

This was a quick meal I came up with last week that I wanted to share with y'all.

Quick Lunch Kielbasa and Quinoa Bowl
Ingredients
2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1/2 an onion, white or yellow
1/2 of a bell pepper, green or orange
Salt and pepper
2 teaspoons of Dry Ground Mustard
1/4 lb of Kielbasa, fully cooked, sliced
1 cup of Quinoa, red and cooked (I used some left over)
Method
Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
Add Onion and Bell Pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
Allow to soften, about 5-8 minutes.
Add Dry Mustard, stirring well to combine it with the sweat of the onion and bell pepper as the residual olive oil.
Add sausage and quinoa and cook till heated through.
Spoon into a bowl and chow down.


This turned out very good. Simple and yum. I highly suggest it as an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment