Tuesday, April 28, 2015

a fresh list for a fresh home and year of life: 32 ere 32

Midway through my 29th year, I put together a list called "30 before 30". It consisted of 30 things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30 including reading 30 books (one of which being a classic I wouldn't pick up otherwise). While I didn't completed everything, I felt like my 29th year was full of interesting things and books I wouldn't have read otherwise. So I decided to continue the tradition with a 31 by 31 list which included 31 books (2 of which being classics). While I ended up reading 8 classics I normally wouldn't thanks to audio books, I still didn't quite finish everything on the list due to money or/and time. While I am not too upset with not checking everything off, I pushed myself to see places and do things

This year will be "32 ere 32" and the tradition will continue with "33 preceding 33", "34 previous to 34", "35 prior to 35", etc...

32 ere 32

Health
1) Take Pole Classes weekly for 1 month
2) Run another 5K and 10K
3) Continue with my weight loss progress: Get to ideal “pre baby weight/fitness level” – 
Starting Weight) 145.7 <March 10>
Milestone 1) 144 = 143.7 <March 14>
Milestone 2) 142 =141.5 <March 20>
Milestone 3) 140 - 139.7 < April 2>
Milestone 4) 138  
Milestone 5) 136 
Milestone 6) 134
Milestone 7) 132
Milestone 8) 130
Ultimate Goal) Less than 130 lbs

Creativity
1) Finish Honeymoon Scrapbook (FINALLY) 
2) Recreate 1 item from my "To Recreate Art Pictures"
3) Make a Keepsake journal for best friend

Just Cuz
1) Make watercolor post cards for letters to friends in Cali
2) Throw a dinner party 
3) Buy a house ...and stuff

Cooking
1) Learn to debone a Whole Chicken
2) Master the art of making biscuits
3) Attempt to recreate a favorite dish from Cyrano's for Auntie

Adventure
1) Go Ziplining with MiL
2) Go on a weekend trip without plans with Husband
3) See the Grand Canyon and Graffiti a Cadillac at Cadillac Ranch

Travel
1) Visit Richard in Austin
2) Get to Michigan once, hopefully twice this year
3) Visit Missouri Wine Country

Learning
1) Get through first section of French with Rosetta Stone
2) Learn to do a different type of granny square
3) Read 32 books including 3 classics
1. The Wise Man's Fear - Patrick Rothfuss
2. A Slow Regard of Silent Things - Patrick Rothfuss
3. Blood Rites - Jim Butcher
4. Dead Beat - Jim Butcher
5. Proven Guilty - Jim Butcher
6. White Night - Jim Butcher
7. Small Favor - Jim Butcher
8. Turn Coat - Jim Butcher
9. Changes - Jim Butcher
10. Ghost Story - Jim Butcher
11. Cold Days - Jim Butcher
12. Skin Game - Jim Butcher
13. Definitely Dead - Charlaine Harris
14. All Together Dead (Lucky) - Charlaine Harris
15. From Dead to Worse (Gift Wrap) - Charlaine Harris
16. Dead and Gone (Two Blondes) - Charlaine Harris
17. Dead in the Family (Small-Town Wedding) - Charlaine Harris
18. Dead Reckoning - Charlaine Harris
19. Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris
20. Dead Ever After (If I had a Hammer and Playing Possum) - Charlaine Harris
21. A Touch of Bead (Short Stories of The Southern Vampire Mysteries)- Charlaine Harris
22. Uglies - Scott Westerfeld
23. Pretties - Scott Westerfeld 
24. Specials - Scott Westerfeld
25. Extras - Scott Westerfeld
26. Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agnecy
27. The Fault in Our Stars - John Green
28. The long Dark tea Time of the Soul
29.Wheel of Time - Robert Jordan
30. Classic - Walden - Henry David Thoreau
31. Classic - Dracula - Bram Stoker
32. Classic - Catcher in the Rye - J.D.Salinger
(possibly the hour I first believed or redeeming love (Francine Rivers) as well)


Quarters

1) 3 things in any category TBD on my quarter birthday July 10th 
a)
b)
c)
2) 3 things in any category TBD on my half birthday October 10th
a)
b)
c)
3) 3 things in any category TBD on my three quarter birthday January 10th

a)
b)
c)

No comments:

Post a Comment