Monday, April 13, 2015

BFMH: Quinoa Parfait

I made this bad boy today. Parfaits always make me think of T.C.B.Y. and the day my twin brother decided to buy the family Frozen Yogurt (this was before if was called "froyo") with his allowance.
It is funny to me how the things that my Twin Broder brought for me and our family stand out so very much in my memory. Earning and saving our allowance was something we talked a lot about together as children so the moments that he decided that he would treat us or buy me a present from my allowance always have struck me deeply.

So in honor of happy and poignant memories, I share this not frozen yogurt parfait recipe. It is SUPER yummy, Enjoy,

Berry Quinoa Parfait
Ingredients
½ cup quinoa
½ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
1 cup (or more) of your favorite berries 
2 tablespoons sliced almonds, lightly toasted
Mint leaves (optional)
Instructions
Use my directions for cooking quinoa as a basic or follow package directions adding the vanilla and cinnamon to your water. Allow to cool.
Mix the greek yogurt and honey together in a small bowl.
Using a spoon add a ⅓ of the yogurt mixture into your glass.
Top with ⅓ of sliced strawberries and blueberries then add ⅓ of the quinoa. Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Repeat with the remaining yogurt, berries, quinoa and almonds until you have three layers.
Finish with your mint leaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment