Friday, April 10, 2015

It's my 31st birthday! Here is how my 31 by 31 list ended up looking!

As most of you know, I like to make lists of goals and desires to accomplish for a birth year. I started this in my 29th year with "30 things before 30" and have following up this year with "31 by 31". I don't punish myself if I don't accomplish everything as time (especially in my schedule) is a fickle thing. Actually, one thing that is being left undone this year was left undone the year prior as well: Seeing the last 2 missions in San Francisco and Sonoma. 

**Shucks, I guess I will just have to travel out to SF and Sonoma for a weekend and see friends and drink wine heartily. **

Either way, I am proud of what I have accomplished this year. While several things on the list had to change slightly (or even more) due to money and time, I feel like I did a decent job this year.



CE's 31 by 31 List
Health
1. Compete in a 5K - Though I have been regularly completing 5Ks on Saturday with Sarah, we have decided to do the Burbank Turkey Trot! HUZZAH! 
2. Compete in a 10K  - Disney 10k
3. Get to ideal “pre baby weight/fitness level” –  Ultimate Goal) Less than 130lbs
Starting Weight) 145.7 <March 10>
Milestone 1) 144 = 143.7 <March 14>
Milestone 2) 142 =141.5 <March 20>
Milestone 3) 140 - 139.7 < April 2>
Milestone 4) 138  
Milestone 5) 136 
Milestone 6) 134
Milestone 7) 132
Milestone 8) 130
Ultimate Goal) Less than 130 lbs

Creativity
1. Finish Honeymoon Scrapbook <It has been started, but it is not finished>
2. Make an Autumn Garland 9/24/2014
3. Make Fall Wreath 9/29/2014

Just Cuz
1. Participate in a Group Cosplay – Wondercon 2014
2. Visit 6 places on my personally made “I-haven’t-done-these-touristy-must-dos-yet” list:
MUSEUMS:
California Science Center (to see the Endeavour) 
Holocaust Museum 8/28/2014
FOOD:
Tito’s Tacos
The Grove / The Original LA Farmer's Market
OUTDOOR:
Dodger game 8/15/2014 vs Brewers
THEATRE:
see a TV show taping – so you think you can dance 
3. Visit 3 of the following Local Craft Breweries:
Eagle Rock Brewery (Eagle Rock)
Golden Road Brewery (Glendale)
The Bruery  (Orange)

Cooking
1. Learn to make bread
2. Make Beef Bourguignon (a la Julia Child)
3. Make something in the Wellington tradition

Adventure
1. See the Rest of the California Missions:
San Francisco de Asís (Mission Dolores)– in the San Francisco City
San Francisco Solano –114 E Spain St, Sonoma, CA 95476
San Fernando Rey de España – LA
Santa Barbara  - Santa Barbara
Santa Ynez - Solvang
La Purísima Concepción  - Lompoc
San Juan Bautista – 406 2nd St, San Juan Bautista, CA 95045
Santa Cruz – 144 School St, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Santa Clara de Asís – 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053
San José –43300 Mission Blvd, Fremont, CA 9453
2. Take a Mud Bath or something of the like(Went to Wi Spa)
3. Go Ziplining or something of the like (This was unable to happen due to $, instead Camping with Witman Family!)

Travel
1. Walk the Freedom Trail in Boston
2. Weekend trip Sonoma and/or Napa (This was unable to happen due to $, instead I cleaned out everything we own to ready us for packing and moving cross country.)
3. Weekend trip Sunnyvale to visit the Yosts (and see the surrounding Missions)

Learning
1. Take Disney Tour Reservation is made! 4/17/2015
2. Stream line Mommy School Binder/Ready myself for that door to open
3. Read 31 books including 2 classics I keep putting off <ending up reading 8 classics>
1 – Gilead – Marilynne Robinson
2 – Divergent- Veronica Roth
3 – Insurgent - Veronica Roth
4 – A Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy- Douglas Adams
5 – The Restaurant at the End of the Universe – Douglas Adams
6 – Life, the Universe and Everything
7 – Speaker For The Dead - Orson Scott Card
8 – The Maze Runner - James Dashner
9 – The Scorch Trails - James Dashner
10 – Summer Knight - Dresden Files
11 – The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
12 – Living Dead In Dallas – Charlaine Harris
13 – The Legend of Sleepy Hollow - Washington Irving
14 – Death Masks - Dresden Files
15 – City of Lost Souls – Cassandra Clare
16 – City of Heavenly Fire – Cassandra Clare
17 – Dead as a Doornail – Charlaine Harris
18 – Club Dead – Charlaine Harris
19 – Dead to the World – Charlaine Harris
20 – Bossypants – Tina Fey
21 – Frommer’s Washington DC Tour Book
22 – The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
23 – Classic - Lord of the Flies – William Golding
24 – Classic- The Invisible Man – H. G. Wells
25 – Classic - Bhagavad Gita
26 – Classic-Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde – Robert Louis Stevenson
27 – Classic- Mutiny on the Bounty – William Bligh
28 – Classic- The Art of War – Sun Tzu
29 – Allegiant - Veronica Roth
30 – Classic- A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
31 – Classic- The Prince – Machiavelli

 AND THE WHOLE NEW SECTION: Quarters!
1. 3 things in any category TBD on my quarter birthday July 10th
a) Lead Worship with my Ukulele 8/17/2014
b) Participate in an Instagram challenge – 100 days of Happy
c) Sew a Dress for myself-9/11/2014
2. 3 things in any category TBD on my half birthday October 10th
a) Participate in a group Dapper Day Excursion (101 Dalmatians) 9/12/2014
b) Make a Group Halloween Costume and have party - The Sanderson Sisters 
c) Attend Comikaze 2014 
3. 3 things in any category TBD on my three quarter birthday January 10th
a) Keep my first New Year's Resolution - P90 Jan - Mar
b) Finish Dragon Age 2 < I finished Act 2, but not done with Act 3>
c) Take a weekend trip to San Diego with Husband to visit friends

No comments:

Post a Comment