Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Easy Peasy Cassoulet (sorta)

Not a tradition French Cassoulet, but rather similar to the Creole version, I decided to make this dish for two reasons. Italian Spicy Sausage was on super sale and I had a can of Great Northern Beans and Tomatos at home. AKA this meal that fed me 4 different Lunches at work and 3 dinners in the evening before we moved cost all of $5.

BOOM!

You see, sometimes going to the grocery store without a set idea of what to make really works out. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE believer and mapping out recipes and meal plans. It saves my sanity (and wallet) more often than not. In this case though, it worked out that I was checking out the "clearance" meat section. Educate yourself on the signs of food aging to know you aren't getting something that has already gone bad and proceed with your best judgement. I find I "win" at this situation about twice a month or so.

We are getting settled in here in St Louis okay now that we have moved. I am not sure how often I will be cooking now that I am sharing a kitchen, but I will attempt to keep posting regularly as this time of transition gets shaken down.

Cat's Easy Cassoulet (sorta)
Ingredients
1 package of spicy Italian sausage (5 links)
1/2 an onion
1 can of petite diced tomato
1 can of great northern beans
Directions
Brown sausage and drain off grease.
Add onion and allow to soften.
Add tomatoes and beans and allow to heat through.
Serve as is or with a side salad, if desired.

Vitamin C, fiber, protein, and fat.
This turned out to be a fine litttle meal for Husband and myself. I could eat it as it is low carb and Husband liked it as well. It all worked out perfectly for a meal to get rid of stuff in the pantry and to nibble on through out the move process.

No comments:

Post a Comment