Monday, April 6, 2015

BFMH: Scrambled Quinoa Omelette

I know I keep using Quinoa in my breakfasts, but it keeps surprising me and really yummy!

Quinoa Breakfast Scramble
Ingredients
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
2 scrambled eggs
1/2 avocado cubed
salsa, lemon pepper, and garlic salt to taste
Instructions
Place quinoa in a serving bowl and top with eggs and avocado. Top with salsa and sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic salt.


I didn't have an avocado for this dish, so I plopped on some guacamole instead. Turned out really nice with that plus a little salsa. Pictured above is only 1 egg, believe it or not. Instead of having the egg completely cooked before hand, I added the leftover quinoa into the nearly scrambled egg. As in every bit of the egg had color, but it was still rather wet. I think that this is a really good way to stretch an egg if you are low on eggs, but happen to have quinoa, like I did. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment