Friday, May 29, 2015

Cold Brew Coffee at Home




While we were in DC and Philly, we kept seeing all sorts of advertisements for "cold brew" coffee.
We got some at one point for our afternoon "pick me up" and Husband really enjoyed it. Back when I worked at Starbux, I would make this for myself occasionally so I decided that I should make a batch for the Pigeon Family. 

I decided to use the Bon Appetit recipe this time which is as follows:
1/2 pound of ground coffee
9 cups of filtered water

Instead, I did:
1/4 pound of ground Trader Joe's Coffee a Cocoa
4.5 cups of St Louis's Best Water in the USA 

I then put them together in a large glass vessel with lid and gave them a stir with a wooden spoon.
Allow the concoction to sit undisturbed for 12-16 hours and then strain through whatever will work for you best to not get grounds into the final batch. I used a metal sieve and some cheese cloth.
Pour the final product in a pitcher and allow to cool in the fridge.

Enjoy over ice on a exceedingly muggy day in St Louis.

Tools of the trade...

Grounds and the World's Best STL Water





all stirred up.

..and now we wait...
This was a very "straining" endeavor.

Pouring it into the Pitcher,(not Pooring it in too the Picture) 

Tadah! straight up!

With a touch of cream...
This is a delightful treat. As I used a chocolate flavored dark coffee, it has a toasty lightly bittersweet flavor to it. I don't add sugar to my beverages, so i though this was very nice, but I bet the basic Starbux customer would prefer a pump or two of classic in it.

Bottoms up!


Until next time...Cook it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment