Wednesday, May 27, 2015

BFMH: Scones

When I live in London, this was my go to breakfast. Granted, I was walking close to 12 miles a day so I could afford the buttery, carby goodness of such breakfasts. Here is a recipe a la one of my favorite on air personalities, Alton Brown!

Scones 
Ingredients
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup sugar
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons shortening
3/4 cup cream
1 egg
Handful dried currants or dried cranberries
Directions
Heat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix well. Cut in butter and shortening. In a separate bowl, combine cream with beaten egg then add to dry ingredients. Stir in fruit. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll dough out and cut into biscuit size rounds. Bake for 15 minutes or until brown.




These turned out wonderfully! They need some tea with them or some butter and jam. Exactly as a scone should. 

No comments:

Post a Comment