Friday, May 22, 2015

I got to see my Hero's Kitchen!

Julia Child is a personal hero of mine. She found something she loved and learned everything she could about it and then made it into a career. She brought the know how and tools of the trade into every home across America thanks to her multiple television shows over the decades. While she was NOT the first cooking show on TV nor even the first to bring French food to America, she most certainly won the nations hearts with her matter-a-fact ways to approach food. Her constant reminders that cooking should be a joy, a passion, and a delight have left a strong impression on me and a part of the reason I started to get out of my comfort zone in the kitchen.

Here are some of the pictures I snapped at the Smithsonian's National Museum of American History:

Gotta love this Exhibit title!

I love the yellow table cloth with the green cabinets.

Her stove with all the tools necessary at her finger tips.

I love the specially cut out area for the chopping block as you can get your weight behind (well, above) it.

The three windows probably let in a lot of natural light which I think is ideal in a kitchen.


Now I know what type of books might a Cordon Bleu trained Chef have in her kitchen. 

Excited Selfie (Shameless)

Sorry for how dark this is, but I love the panoramic mode on my phone.

I always imagined her a bit taller...

Everything is out and available. No reason to settle for the incorrect tools, pot or pan.

I like the idea of having the kitchen table there. A great work place and comfortable place for company to be while I work.

So Husband now knows how I would love to have my kitchen set up, he and I are talking a bit more in depth when it comes to actual styling. He doesn't care for the peg boards, so we are looking into other options. Granted, we need to buy a house first before I can really consider any of this. Sigh. Real life isn't as much fun as imaginary life sometimes.

Here is to making dreams a reality! 

No comments:

Post a Comment