Tuesday, January 27, 2015

How to get out of the late winter rut.

So that thing that happens, has happened.

Every January/February, I come down off the high of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. I get a bit cranky, a lot unmotivated, and just a bit "grubby". I know that this is a common occurrence, but that it isn't anything to worry too much over, but I have been so behind, consistently with my blog, chores, lack luster in my work outs when I don't have some one there with me.

So how do I fix this feeling? Obviously, change something up. Either start a new challenge or project. Use my down time in a different way that I have been. Make plans for a date my husband. Clean out all the things! Make a To Do list and don't beat myself up if not everything gets done.

So here is my current list to pull me out of this quagmire I have found myself in:

1) Workout every day except Sunday and get the endorphins going!
2) Complete my long in coming Honeymoon Scrapbook.
3)  Plan a trip to Sonoma/Sunnyvale/San Fran to see the 2 Californian Missions up there.
4) Spa Day - Massage or Mud Bath or something.
5) Make a date with Husband to go to the last LA Mission. 
6) Take a new Fitness Class like pole or lyra.
7) Take Disney Tour (Decide on a tour and a date)
8) Challenge myself to something new in the kitchen.
9) Plan an adventure day with Husband - Hot Air Ballooning, Ziplinging, etc
10) Read More... Finish A Tale of Two Cities and then finally start and finish The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. Then Bossypants, some brain trash a la Sookie Stackhouse, then some Dresden Files, and then finish off the Mortal Instruments Series.  

Let's see if this will "fix me".


No comments:

Post a Comment