Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Garlic Lime Pork...quick dinner DONE

So I marinated some pork steaks is soy sauce, lime juice, and garlic about 3 days ago. Thanks to the awesomeness of my food saver, I knew everything would be ok if it sat in the fridge for a bit. 

I got home this evening and was informed that we needed to eat dinner before we headed out. I knew I wanted to get a bit gussied up for hand so I needed to make dinner quick. Good thing I had a quick cook vegetable and ready to grill meat! HUZZAH!

Pulled out the George Foreman, plopped the meat on for about 7 minutes, and cooked up some asparagus. Thinking back o it, I wish I had just grilled the asparagus and saved one more dish for clean up. Oh, well. 

I poured a bit of the marinade in with the veg. wasn't needed, but was still good.
Boom, Pork Steaked. A little burnt, I know...
This turned out pretty well. I think that I will use this marinade concoction again. The pork was nicely flavored and tender thanks to the extended marinating time. Dinner was cooked and on the table in about 10 minutes. I will need to remember this trick in the future, like when I am a busy mom or something.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment