Thursday, January 29, 2015

Food for thought.

As you have noticed (or perhaps as I have noticed over the course of this month), I do more than just hang out in the kitchen. While I LOVE cooking and making new things, I also like easy favorites that I don't have to think about cooking. Hence the year this far as been full of non cooking related posts.

This year kicked off with a failure at breakfast, which was a bummer, but not is such away that I was disheartened. I made a bunch of pork dishes as pork was inexpensive 

I got a reconnect to theatre, the women who inspire me, and with my best friend, Mugsy.

I have been working really hard on assessing what is important in my life. I guess 2015 so far has been a soul search month. Less food for tummies and more food for thought.

I have started a life long journey to live with less and live a tidy life. I have planned a trip for 3 people to Lancaster and Philadelphia, PA as well as Washington, D.C. and I am preparing for a move cross country with the least amount of stress I can muster.

I have been a bit sick and I have gotten to reflect on why I live the way I do, what fuels me to be better, why I have a tendency to fall back into old and bad habits.


This year so far has been good for exercise, but not for diet. 

It has been good for thinking, but not acting. 

It so far has been a year of setting up good habits that need to be kept.

I am very much in a limbo and yet in a final count down.

It is a really weird place to be.

I am happy to be traveling through it and not to be stuck here.





No comments:

Post a Comment