Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Mileage and what it means for the month of November

Here we are at the beginning of a new month...

Just 23 days from my first official 5k Turkey Trot with Team Shorty Party!


It feels like nothing big after having done the Disney 10k as my first official race and that got me thinking about how I trained/didn't train for my past race. I imported all my runs/miles into the current running app I am using (Run Keeper) and I looked over my numbers:

January 28th - I signed up for Disney 10k
February - a total of 9 miles
March - a total of 2 miles (plus Yoga and Cardio Barre classes on Tuesday and Thursday)
April - a total of 6 miles (plus Yoga and Cardio Barre classes on Tuesday and Thursday)
May - a total of 30 miles (plus Spin Classes on Monday and Wednesday)
June - a total of 15 miles (plus Spin Classes on Monday and Wednesday)
July - a total of  24 miles (I got new Running Shoes at the end of the month, which helped a ton)
August - a total of 30 miles including the 6.2 miles of run/walking for the 10k

I completed the 10k in 01:42:32 (aka 102 minutes). That means my Race Pace was 16:30 minutes per mile.


Post the 10k, my months have looked like this:
September - a total of 42 miles
October - a total of 48 miles

Initially, I was a bit surprised that I had been doing as much mileage as I had AFTER the race, but then I realized it is because I have signed up for "training programs" and "challenges" within the app as well as setting my own goals. That definitely helps with the motivation levels. I figure it is because now that I know I can run/walk 6 miles, I can get out and do 1.5-3 miles regularly. I also have several friends on the app and we can like each other's workouts which encourages me as well.

For the Month of November, I decided to set some goals

Goal 1) I want to run/walk 49 miles this month. (yes, one more than last month)

Goal 2) I want to run a better minute per mile pace. My goal is to run the Turkey Trot 5k at a pace below 16:00 minutes per mile aka under 50 minutes. I was able to do so on my "personal" 5K at the Rose Bowl Loop, but the course for the Turkey Trot has a LOT of inclines and declines so I am less confident about the official race.




Goal 3) I want to train well and diligently for my 5k.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays will be my workout days in November:
1st - 3 Mile Walk <Completed>
3rd - 2.5 Miles With Intervals (45 minutes) <Completed>
5th - 26 Minutes Intervals (1/1 *13)
7th - 2.5 Miles With Intervals (45 minutes)
8th - 5k Steady
10th - 26 Minutes Intervals (1/1 *13)
12th - 3 Miles With Intervals (50 minutes)
14th - 30 Minutes Intervals (1/1:30 *12)
15th - 5k Steady
17th - 3 Miles With Intervals (50 minutes)
19th - 30 Minutes Intervals (1/1:30 *12)
21st - 3 Miles With Intervals (50 minutes)
22nd - 5k Steady (BROTHER in TOWN)
24th - 25 Minutes Steady Run
26th - Rest
27th - Turkey Trot 5K Fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment