Friday, August 28, 2015

Black Bean Salsa: a summer dip for the whole year.

This is a recipe that I am surprised I haven't gotten into this blog sooner. Black Bean Salsa is one of my favorite dips ever! It is pretty healthy and is by far one of the most delicious salsa that I have ever eaten. Plus, I didn't even have to go out and find the recipe. My MiL made this one summer a long time ago when I was but a friend of my now husband. I immediately fell in love with the sweet, smoky corn, the creamy avocado, the acidity of the red onion, and the tang of the red wine vinegar with lime all stirred into one pot of yum with a great source of fiber, black beans.

While I prefer to grill the corn in this dish, if you don't have the accessible to you, just use a can or corn. That is what the recipe actually calls for, but as this is a summer dish in my mind, I normally and BBQing enough that I just buy a few extra ears (3-4 depending on size) to cook up.

This is just the best...


Black Bean Salsa

Ingredients:
2 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 purple/red onion, diced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
1/4 cup Fresh cilantro, chopped
4 Tablespoons lime juice
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon
Method:
Mix all ingredients together and chill. Serve with Tostada Chips.



Seriously, put this in your body! This is pretty much one of the greatest things I have every eaten. I have used it as garnish for Mexican food, on chicken, and just eaten it by the spoonful.


Until next time...Cook it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment