Friday, August 7, 2015

Chicken Taquitos

So MiL had a bunch of Egg Roll wrappers left over for a dish she made last week, so of course, I challenged myself to use them up.
One of the dishes I did was chicken taquitos.


Chicken Taquitos
Ingredients:
1/4 cup corn
1/4 cup black beans
1/4 of Mexi Cheese
3 tablespoons onion, diced
1 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
Left over egg roll wrappers
Olive oil
Method
Mix all the ingredients except the egg roll wrappers and olive oil.
Stuff egg roll wrappers with filling and fold in your preferred method.
Then brush with olive oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 350.
Enjoy!

The stuffing of perfection

All rolled up like little yummy diapers....that came out wrong.

I served them with Mexi rice (aka Rice with cayenne, tomatoes, and cheese).




These were a fine little way to enjoy the left over wrappers, but I am really excited about my next idea: Avocado Egg Rolls!


Until next time...Cook it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment