Wednesday, August 26, 2015

BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza



So this past weekend, we had an impromptu Pizza Party at friend Alex's House! We all had a great ole time, making pizzas, and eating said pizzas. I Decided to make a BBQ Chicken and Bacon Pizza.


Tossing the dough!


Alex got us little packets of dough and basic toppings from the local grocers and we brought any "specialty" toppings. I decided that I wanted to use the Chipotle Maple BBQ sauce I had from Sugarfire and the bit of chicken left over from earlier last week. That morning, I had a BLT with too much bacon (I know, there is no such thing) so I brought the left over bacon as well. Sliced some onion, put on sauce, add chicken and bacon and topped with mozzarella cheese.



Right out of the oven!


It came out of the oven looking delightful!




The sauce was too saucey and made for some less than attractive pizza-ing.

Unfortunately, the liquid consistency BBQ sauce made for a sloshy pizza. While it was in fact delicious, it was not the prettiest of pizzas. I will need to find a better choice for BBQ sauce, but this pizza has a very good lesson in dough tossing and topping.




Until next time...Cook it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment