Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Seattle Sight Seeing: Chihuly Garden and Glass

Can we just take a minute and recognize how amazing Chihuly is?!? Y'all in St Louis, might recognize his work as the Missouri Botanical Gardens have one of his most impressive chandeliers on display in the main building and few other pieces through out the garden. If you love those pieces and you ever end up in Seattle, then you REALLY need to go to Chihuly Garden and Glass. It was the one thing I wanted to spend money besides food and it was totally worth it!


Here are a few pictures I took:


The first exhibit room was a breath taking work of light and glass.










Underwater Basket Weaving
Glass Bowls no longer have to be symmetrical!
Turtle Turtle!
Now don't get all crabby!
Not a chandelier, upwards of 400 pieces, carefully stacked in a wire frame.
Much like his ceiling at the Bellagio, this was a breathtaking moment that make you think
you have been transported to Wonderland.



The ceiling piece is back lit and has little snail sculptors to add to the other worldliness. 



Welcome to another realm!




I love the alien and psychedelic look of this piece.








The green and black striped pieces were Pigeon and my favorites in this piece.



The beach ball boat and the party boat!




His chandeliers always give me chills












He not only did the Chandelier, but he also designed the Green house.
It was so breath taking that I didn't notice the Space Needle outside the greenhouse.




The colors of this pieces were perfect for my tastes. It was raining which added to the beauty of it all.

I don't know if it was designed this way, but the shape of the flutes of the red glass piece
echoed the shape of the Space Needle beautifully.







This swirly piece was striking against the grey sky of Seattle.


They are both so tall that I decided we just needed my eyes in the picture.








No comments:

Post a Comment