Monday, October 26, 2015

BFMH: Not quite to the recipe: Banana Chocolate Chip Bread

This is one of those Pinterest Recipes that I have been wanting to try for ages, but kept putting off for some reason. It was incredibly easy and has proven to be a rather solid substitution for the full recipe. 

Ingredients
1 box Betty Crocker™ cake mix
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
1 ½ cups mashed bananas (3-4 bananas)
I added 4 oz of chocolate chips that I had leftover
Directions
1 Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans with cooking spray; lightly flour pans.
2 Select your favorite banana bread recipe variation from those below.
3 In large bowl, beat all ingredients above plus ingredients from selected variation below until well mixed. Divide batter evenly between pans.
4 Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of loaves comes out clean and inside of cracks do not look wet. Cool 15 minutes in pans on cooling racks. Remove loaves from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 2 hours, to prevent crumbling when slicing. For easier slicing, store loaves tightly covered 24 hours. Cut with serrated knife, using a light sawing motion.




Look at that loaf, loafing about...
So I failed this loaf slightly. For some reason, last night, the formatting on my phone screen didn't show that I needed to add 3 eggs. I swear that I checked 2 different times because I was thinking, "GEE, this really should have some eggs in it...".  Whelp, I didn't triple check and so I didn't add any eggs. The good news is that it still taste really good! It has turned out to be a very delicate bread and very soft on the inside, but the flavor and texture are good. So we frozen the 2 loafs. Hopefully the cutting process of the frozen bread won't prove to be too difficult.







No comments:

Post a Comment