Friday, January 22, 2016

Fondue dinner!


Finally got in the mood to do some coking again after a 3 month hiatus of doing anything outside of my family standards which I have already posted on. I was reminded by my dear friend "Hey what happened to you blog?" so I figured it was time to post, even if there wasn't a lot of content.


This past week I made Fondue cuz it is cold and it was appropriate. I served it with a side salad which I totally didn't eat. Ain't no one got time for salad when cheese is on the line!


Classic Swiss Fondue
Ingredients
½ clove of garlic
4-6 fluid oz. dry white wine
1 teaspoon lemon juice
8 oz. grated Gruyere cheese
8 oz. grated Emmental Cheese
1 teaspoon cornstarch 
1 tablespoon kirsch

Method
Rub inside of the fondue pot with cut clove of garlic and put wine and lemon juice into the fondue pot and heat over medium heat until bubbling
Reduce heat and carefully stir in the grated cheese. Keep stirring always until the cheese is melted and well combined. This takes a long time but do not be tempted to turn up the heat. Just Keep Stirring
Blend Cornstarch with kirsch in a small bowl and then add to cheese mixture. Cook for another 2 – 3 mins, stirring always. Do not let fondue come to a boil.
Transfer to table burner and serve.

Serve with:
Green apple
French bread
Mushrooms
Asparagus







No comments:

Post a Comment