Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Goals for October

Occasionally, I like to set up goals for myself to attempt to better myself and


Goals for October:


1) Train for a 5k or 10k in order to beat PR.
2) Sign up for a 5k or 10k.
3) Reach goal weight of 129 (5 pounds down) from current weight.
4) Work out 4 times a week at the office gym.
5) Make a kick ass siren (evil little mermaid) costume for Halloween.
6) Go through at least 1 box a night of childhood keepsakes that were brought up from Cape G.
7) Get our house to a place that we are ready to receive guests and have parties.






and the big one:


8) Attempt to keep a food budget of $75 a week for the 2 of us....


This is the one I will be blogging about. I will keep my receipts and show you how I did and everything! Just like how Budget Bytes does it. She did a similar challenge for herself where she only spent $4.50 a day (that's $33.75 per week and $135 for the whole month on food). Having never done a challenge of this nature, I bet ya $10 to a donut that I am gonna fail, but I am excited to try it out. The first thing to leave the budget, of course, is alcohol. That is the quickest way to waste money at the grocery store ever.


So a budget of $75 per week is $10.72 per day and $300 for the entire month. Considering my budget in Cali was $350-$400, including alcohol, I think that there MIGHT be a chance that I will succeed!


Addendum: I was challenged by my coworker to keep it to $55-$60 range so, secretly, I will be shooting to come in under $60, but I am less confident that I will be able to do that. We shall see!



No comments:

Post a Comment