Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Pax Cosplay: Val from Table Titans




So another Cosplay I decided on was Val from Table Titans. No, she is not from a video game, but she is from a Web Comic that is an affiliate of Penny Arcade, so I feel like she will be a good choice for PAX. Here are some pictures of her.




Here she is realizing that as a Dwarf, she does in fact love a troll. 
Note the green dress with fur lining. In this rendition, I assume she has either pants or leggings on that are dark green.








War version of Val










This is how she envisions herself while she is playing DnD. I love the fur lined boots as well as the additional fur lining on the bottom of the dress. The bracers and belt look great too,


That hat though!



So I decided that I would do a version of her in her green, fur lined (both neck and bottom) dress with Brown fur cuffed boots, a brown belt, and then her little horned helm as shown in the last picture above.


I found this dress ($3) at the thrift store:





I removed the arms and cut the neck out just slightly to give it a bit more of a plunge. I then added the fur neck line and bottom ($2 for fabric). I paired it with my thick brown belt.


Here is the fabric I chose. 



Partially cuffed! 


Fully cuffed with belt option!


I then found a pair of brown boots (Dr Scholl's!) at a thrift store ($13). I took a holey pair of Husband's socks and cut out the feet (too thick of a sock for basic wear). I added a fur cuff to them and tadah! I have boots that LOOK like they are fur cuffed, but aren't so I can still use them this fall time!


I can wear them with most any boot!



Ta-dance!


Here is the start of her hat!


And here is the last of it! 

(I will add freckles with my eyeliner pencil the day I wear it.)

Looking forward to seeing how this looks all together at convention!!

Yay PAX!

No comments:

Post a Comment