Friday, November 13, 2015

Maman's Burnt Sugar Pound Cake

Yesterday marked 71 years since my mother was born. While she has been gone now for 16 years of my 31 years of life, her spirit still holds strong and true in the memories of those who loved her. I had the great joy of eating dinner with two dear friends of hers, and mine, on Tuesday of this week and reminisced about her vivacious and generous personality. I have also been going through boxes of her belongings that were kept for my brothers and me. I have been on an emotional rollercoaster due to the things contained in said boxes. My older brother's wife asked about Mom's Pound Cake recipe, I went searching in the recipe boxes and books that I had inherited. There was only one pounds cake recipe that I found so I assume that it must be the one Bro Bro like so much.








Here is how you make it:







It turned out pretty dang good. There was too much cake there to do much with so I ended up throwing out about a 5th of the cake 2 weeks later, but it was super good. I will make it for a party, not for regular everyday dessert.




No comments:

Post a Comment