Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Menu Planning for a Low Carb January

As I started my P90 challegene yesterday, I decided to attempt to plan a menu for the the first month of the year that was Low Carb, yet interesting and challenging enough of myself in the kitchen. So after a bit of research from my own recipes and the Pinterest Internet Webs, this is what I came up with:

Jan 1 - Pesto Chicken
Jan 2 - Chili
Jan 3 - BBQ Pulled Pork
Jan 4 - Cream of Mushroom Soup
Jan 5 - Balsamic Pork  
Jan 6 - Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Jan 7 - Meatballs
Jan 8 - Slutty Zoodles 
Jan 9 - Kung Pao Chickpeas with Cauliflower Fried Rice
Jan 10 - Brushetta Chicken
Jan 11 - Salad Nicoise
Jan 12 - Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms
Jan 13 - Chicken or Pork Curry 
Jan 14 - Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Jan 15 - Low Carb Pizza Bites
Jan 16 - Stuffed Peppers
Jan 17 - Caprese Salad
Jan 18 - Salsa Chicken
Jan 19 - Cauliflower Pizza
Jan 20 - Pork Stew
Jan 21 - Taco Lettuce Wraps
Jan 22 -  Protein Style Hamburgers at Home
Jan 23 - Chicken Chili
Jan 24 - Low carb Shepherd's Pie
Jan 25 - Almond Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Jan 26 - Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Jan 27 - Meatloaf
Jan 28 - Deviled Eggs with Tuna Melts
Jan 29 - Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
Jan 30 - Zucchini Lasagna
Jan 31 - Stir Fry

Today, I am (well, Husband really) getting things from the store for the first week and a half of this Menu Plan. If things are proving to be too pricey for our food budget, then I will adjust. I already have several of the dishes made as well as already have the protein that is called for. Plus, buying in bulk! We shall see. Also, there could easily be a surplus of foods as I plan on making something every night. For Dishes like the Pesto Chicken, I will make only enough for that evening. While Dishes like the Chili, Meatballs, or anything else that would be easily reheated for lunch, I will make enough of for at least 2 extra servings. I will see how it plays out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment